Apply now for immediate consideration - well established and very stable specialty products manufacturing organization is seeking a hands-on manufacturing production floor Safety Engineer for a direct hire career opportunity in Lawrenceville, GA.
Responsibilities for the Safety Engineer
- Candidate will perform a variety of functions in the production and warehouse areas, including hazards assessment for PPE requirements, investigating safety issues and recommending corrective actions, and conducting safety reviews and training to meet company safety standards
- Conduct industrial hygiene tests for hearing, noise, air and water sampling, and recommend corrective actions as needed
- Conduct routine inspections to maintain safe work conditions and to identify and evaluate workplace hazards
- Candidate will provide required OSHA training and ensure everyone's training is up to date
- Respond to 24-hour emergency calls to ensure the safety of employees and safeguarding of property
Requirements for the Safety Engineer
- BS degree in environmental engineering, science or chemical engineering with 3-5 years? experience in safety engineering in a manufacturing environment required
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills and enjoy providing on-the-floor support to Associates in the production area
- CSP certification is preferred
Randstad is a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world. From temporary staffing to permanent placement to in-house, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions, Randstad holds top positions around the world and has approximately 31,100 corporate employees working from its nearly 4,700 branches and in-house locations in 40 countries.
We are a company built on a deep network of expertise that crosses industries and geographies. We recognize that talent comes in different forms, that every business has its unique challenges and opportunities. And our recruiting experts are skilled at marrying talent and business—identifying the ideal professionals for an organization’s culture and its teams, its needs and its goals.